Tuesday, January 8, 2013

POST-CHRISTMAS GIFT-GIVING

Edward and I have not made up our minds on what gifts to give each other until after Christmas was over.

Since we had the freedom to choose, I guess we were both taking the time to think of what we really wanted. Actually that was just me. Edward was thinking of what he really needed. I was thinking of a gift na hindi lang basta gift. I want something na pag hiniling ko, I will really be glad that I asked for it. Edward's gift, he wanted, should be useful. I was thinking of a book or bag, he was thinking of car tools and camping mat. I was thinking of something fun, he was thinking of something practical. How funny it is to see how much we are so different, yet we think we have so much in common! Haha!

Some more days passed with me having no idea of what I want. Edward was once decided to get the tools but changed his mind to getting the camping mat instead. He needed it for work he said. I didn't know what I wanted, heck, even what I needed. Then it hit me!!! I want a new game!!! I was playing Taboo with my choirmates and boom! I knew I wanted something to add to my collection of games. A Pinoy Taboo perhaps, I'm really not sure. I'm only definite I wanted a new game. Bahala na kung ano, may Hobbes and Landes naman na pwedeng pagpilian. Hehehe.

No Hobbes and Landes happened. It was Toy Kingdom. No Pinoy Taboo chosen. It was... GUESSTURES!!!!! I was torn between the two actually, but I felt that I will regret not getting Guesstures more than not getting Pinoy Taboo.


Photobucket
So happy here with my gift! Thanks so much, baby!!!

Edward, on the otherhand, did not need a camping mat anymore. He was reassigned to a new unit, hence, no more use for that. He now didn't know what to get. He was mentioning a Starbucks mug for work as well, but I felt his heart was not fully sold on that idea. We went looking anyway. Went to Starbucks store #1. There was something he found nice, but nothing that really calls out to him. Went to Starbucks store #2. Mas limited and choices. I asked him if was really desperate to choose his mug that day. Apparently di naman pala. I was relieved. I didn't want him to get a gift just because napilitan lang sya to get it. Na parang walang ibang choice. Last option. I wanted him to feel the giddiness I felt when I got my Guesstures. 

On the way home, we went to Starbucks store #3 which was near my house. From the door, my heart sank. Parang wala namang maganda. Parang lahat ordinary-looking. Haaaay. We still went in though. Edward went straight to the display shelf. I just followed behind. There were some interesting items. I pulled them out the shelf and laid them on the top layer for Edward's scrutiny. Then he muttered about one cup, kung ano kaya yun. I went over to him and put out the product card from inside the mug. It was a big ceramic mug with a metal half. It looked so manly and big to me. (Eh ano naman ba, para kay Edward nga pala yung mug. Hahaha!) I was looking for a more fancy cup, I guess. Apparently, the metal half was a holder good for 4 packs of instant coffee. His eyes lit up. I want this, he said. Ito na, ito na. He didn't put it down anymore. I knew then he really likes it. He looked at the tag, ang mahal daw. I said, go na, yan na! He sweetly asked, really? You'll get this for me? Of course babe! Do you really like it? Promise?, I made sure. Yes! Promise!, he confirmed. And he was smiling big na. Hay, heart of hearts, Lord, salamat may malaking ngiti na ang mahal ko. 

Lookie here, how happy he is!

Photobucket


Merry Christmas, babe. The first Christmas with you was awesome! Looking forward to the many more Christmases with you. I love you so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment