Friday, January 4, 2013

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

New Years are not complete if there are no resolutions to make. We all believe that January 1 brings us a fresh start, a right to reboot, a voice to say "Hey, stop!", change things and miraculously have the will to do so.

I took time in making my resolutions. Kadalasan kasi hindi ko nasusunod. Hahaha! I had to be smart in making my promises. They had to be REALISTIC and POSITIVE, so that I do not force myself in doing it. They had to be NON-CONFLICTING, ACHIEVABLE and SPECIFIC para hindi nakakalurkey and hindi masakit sa bangs.

Photobucket

(inhale, exhale) Here goes...

THIS 2013 I RESOLVE TO:

EAT MORE HEALTHY FOOD. I will commit to eating more fruits and vegetables. I also commit to ALMOST NO softdrinks. Ayoko ko mag-promise ng totally no softdrinks, di ko matutupad! Sa 2014 na lang siguro yun. Hahaha!

MOVE TO BE MORE FIT.
I will find a type of exercise that I like. I will not force myself into doing an exercise I hate just because many of my friends do it. Alam nating hindi ko gagawin yan. Haha! I will start looking into boxing/kickboxing, dancing, Zumba and spinning. If wala pa dyan ang trip ko, marami pang ibang choices. Exercise ko, mahahanap din kita, maghintay ka lang!

SLEEP MORE.
Oh yes, you read that right! Will definitely still have the curacha seasons, but will sleep more hours more days of the week. Oh well, kakayanin ko 'to. Iisipin ko lang na mawawala si beauty kung hindi mag sleep early. Hahaha!

FORGIVE A GRUDGE.
That was surprisingly easy to write. I wanna do this because I wanna free myself of hatred and hard feelings. I don't have to befriend these bad persons, I just need to stop being so mad at them. Hay, Lord, help me.

TAKE A COURSE.
Driving, baking, cooking or serious academics perhaps. Hmmmmm ano kaya?

FIX MY ROOM.
I will. I will do this. Aja!

START SAVING AND KEEP IT INTACT.
I won't set big goals that are not financially achievable, instead I will start small. I will habitually save an amount from my salary to put into savings and another amount to put into my rewards/emergency fund. The savings should not be touched. EVER. Unless it's a matter of life and death. The rewards/emergency fund is named for such.

GO GREEN.
I will bring reusable bags when shopping. I will opt for the paper bag rather than the plastic bag.

DO THE 7 FAITH HABITS.
- Ask for God's blessing each morning.
- Savor a few minutes of silence.
- Offer a prayer at mealtime.
- Give thanks to God each night.
- Receive the Holy Eucharist for strength and nourishment.
- Call upon the saints.
- Reach out to help a neighbor in need.
Because these are good habits.


Apart from the things I wanna start or change, there's also a list of things I want to keep.

THIS 2013 I WILL CONTINUE TO:

BE HAPPY.
I just cannot let go of this. I choose to be happy. Period.

PAY IT FORWARD / EXPRESS MORE GRATITUDE.
People deserve a thank you and a give-back. Both go a long way.

READ FOR PLEASURE.
It's just an adventure eve-ry sin-gle time!

BITCH IT OUT WHEN SOMEONE DESERVES IT.
Alam nating I don't take things sitting down. Most of the time. If it's wrong, it's wrong. If it's unfair, it's unfair. You will hear flak from me.

SERVE GOD.
I will sing Him praises. I will staff in retreats or community services.


OATH: I promise to achieve and fulfill my New Year's Resolutions one resolution, one day at a time for one year. SO HELP ME GOD.


No comments:

Post a Comment